The Shaolin Nei Gong (少林内功) is a qi gong set designed to cultivate the qi of the practitioner. This set consists of 6 exercises of moderate physical difficulty. By cultivating and strengthening the qi, the practitioner will also cultivate and strengthen the body. This makes the Shaolin Nei Gong an ideal practice for anyone who seeks to improve health and vitality.
This qi gong set is taught to Chinese medicine practitioners so that they can strengthen the qi of their body. This prepares them to use their body to heal patients. Isolated exercises are also often extracted to be prescribed to patients for rehabilitation.
The Shaolin Temple is famous for its monks who practice gong fu. They used physical training to condition the body, so as to prepare the body for meditation. In addition to furthering themselves, their martial art helped to defend the temple through tumultuous times.
This class will meet four Tuesday evenings beginning March 5th, 2013.
- Dates: Mar 5, Mar 12, Mar 19, Mar 26
- Time: 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Location: 1727 Broadway, 2nd Floor (Entrance on West 55th St.)
- Fee: $150
- Instructors: Adam Wasserman and Marcus DeGrazia
- Registration: Click here to register. This class is limited to 20 students.
- For more information, contact moc.erutcnupucaregitowtnull@mada