Qin Na Seizing & Locking Techniques
September 8-9, 2018
October 13-14, 2018
Qin Na (seizing & locking skills) are part of every style of Chinese martial arts. Qin Na techniques teach the practitioner to control and lock the opponent’s body. These practical self-defense skills have wide application and can be freely mixed with throws and strikes. An invaluable resource for practitioners of any style of martial arts.
This two weekend series focuses on the Eight Basic Techniques of Seizing the Wrist (Middle Seizing and Locking) and the Eight Techniques of Seizing the Elbow and Shoulder (Upper Seizing and Locking), as taught by Master Zhao Da Yuan in Beijing, China.
Each technique is explained in detail and practiced individually with partners. Each of the eight moves for both Middle and Upper Seizing and Locking are linked in a sequence or chain of locks. The linked sequences will be practiced both with partners and as solo sequences (short forms) for practice at home without a partner. Variations of some of the techniques will also be presented.
Ideal for practitioners of the internal arts including Xing Yi Quan, Ba Gua Zhang and Tai Qi Quan. Open to practitioners of all martial arts, no previous Qin Na experience required.
Participants Will Learn:
- Basic Principles and Theory of Seizing and Locking
- Qin Na Yielding Body Partner Practice (Rou Shen Gong)
- Eight Basic Techniques of Seizing the Wrist (Middle Seizing and Locking)
- Eight Techniques of Seizing the Elbow and Shoulder (Upper Seizing and Locking)
- Linked Middle Seizing and Locking Sequence with Partner & Solo Form
- Linked Upper Seizing and Locking Sequence with Partner & Solo Form
- Variations of Techniques & Changing Techniques
Tom Bisio, Valerie Ghent & Guest IAI/NYIA Instructors
September 8-9, 2018 Qin Na Weekend 1
October 13-14, 2018 Qin Na Weekend 2
10am-5 pm Saturday and Sunday