Learn the profound art of Ba Gua Zhang
in 3 weekend intensives
Classes taught by Tom Bisio
Develop the foundation of Ba Gua Zhang as a martial art and internal energy system in three intensive weekends. Each day consists of 6 hours training with a one hour break in the middle.
Ideal for beginning students who have little or no experience in Ba Gua Zhang, as well as advanced practitioners who would like to review the crucial foundational material that is the basis of all of Ba Gua’s techniques and methods.
This class series is also a perfect fit for students in our Authentic Ba Gua Zhang online learning programs who want to take their training to another level. We are committed to making these classes equally valuable to experienced practitioners and beginning students alike.
Part 1 of three weekend series: Jan 12-13, 2019; Feb 23-24, 2019; March 23-24, 2019
Weekend One – Building the Foundation
A Strong Foundation is the Key to Mastery
1. Standing Meditation (Zhan Zhuang)
2. Foundational Exercises
3. The 5 Basic Stepping Methods
4. Walking the Circle – 3 Basic Postures of Circle Walking Nei Gong
Weekend Two: Consolidating the Foundation
Consolidating the Foundation Unifies Qi and Spirit
1. 12 Ba Gua Standing Postures
2. Walking the Circle: The Ten Postures
3. Energetic and Martial Applications of the 10 Basic Postures
4. Single Palm Change
Weekend Three: Entering the Heart of Ba Gua Zhang
Entering into the Heart of the Art of Ba Gua Zhang’s Mysterious Circular Changes
Balances Yin and Yang
1. Introduction to Tian Gan (“Heavenly Stem”) Exercises
2. Double Palm Change
3. Hidden Hand Palm Change
4. Linear Palm #1 and #2: The Uplifting Palm and Yin Striking Palm
Instructors: Tom Bisio & Valerie Ghent
Weekend 1: January 12-13, 2019
Weekend 2: February 23-24, 2019
Weekend 3: March 23-24, 2019
$900 for the three weekend series
Class size limited – register today!